Saturday, November 6, 2010

Punk'd, Halloween edition



So what happened to October?  It was Halloween before I even knew it!  I kept telling my friends that I wasn't doing anything for Halloween weekend other than writing a paper, but I did attend a productive little get-together at a nearby lake on Sunday.  Don't think I've ever mentioned this before, but Halloween is my least favorite holiday.  I don't enjoy having the living daylights scared out of me and I needn't mention how these teenage trick-or-treaters smashed my jack-o-lantern when I was 10 because my mom shut the door on them when we didn't have the candy ready yet.  Oddly, I've been dressing up for every Halloween since I was a kid and I think I only ever skipped my 6th grade Halloween (I was that traumatized by the event).  Every other year, I have a bad costume moment and last year was one of them.  I mean, is it that easy to mistake a Beatle as a business person?  Should've gotten a wig. This year, per my roomie's suggestion, I went as my psuedo-alter ego...a punk!


Jacket, Valerie Stevens Petite. Shirt, Yellow Rage. Necklace, Skullcandy. Lanyard (not that it matters), LACMA NexGen. Belt (which you can't really see), Borrowed from roomie. Necklace as bracelet, Brighton. Chain bracelet, Gift from Aunt. Green bag, Free gift with Teen Vogue subscription. Blue bag, The Sak. Shorts, Mom's vintage from China. Tights, American Apparel. Shoes, Doc Martens.

One picture featuring my face is really enough.  Do you know how embarrassing it is to pose for a picture while 10+ people raise their eyebrows at you??  I don't know how you fashion bloggers do these outfit posts!  I love how my costume turned out but my friends didn't get it at first glance.  Not that I really care!  Despite the stiffness of the jacket and the fact that my shoes still hurt my feet, it was liberating to dress up like this!  No wonder I do this every year!

3 comments:

✿ e m i r i said...

:D

Len♥reNeverM♥re said...

too adorable!
I haven't worn Doc Martens for years!

Paolina of Calur Villade said...

love the duel tone tights

Paolina
calurvillade.blogspot.com