Friday, October 22, 2010

Trying On Clothes I'll Never Have (Again)



A few weeks back I stopped by a certain discount department store for the first time.  My roomie's entire closet practically came from there and since I've always wanted to check out this store, I agreed to take us there (I have a car now, by the way -- I KNOW IT'S, A MIRACLE).  Of course, whenever I'm at a place overflowing with designer goods, I scour the racks just to find stuff to try on.  So with a mere $20 bill in my wallet, I go through all that Jason Wu, Phillip Lim, Dolce and Gabbana, Celine, and Fendi in my sights.  The discounts predictably didn't meet the standards for someone who doesn't like to spend more than $25 on jeans.  But that doesn't mean I can't try the stuff on!  Side note, did you know that some stores actually charge an admission price?  You can't even go inside the store without paying a fee.  Ridiculous.  I'm wearing a Jil Sander blazer (with matching pants that you can't see) in that photo up there.  Obviously the blazer wasn't the right fit for me but I thought it would go well with my Beatles shirt.  Because John Lennon wore a white suit for the Abbey Road album cover.  Clever, right?!



These pretty pearls were from a Dries Van Noten bolero, which was totally not a size 4.  Or was it a 34?  Either way, that photo of me in Dries will never see the day of light.  I tried on more than what you see here but most of that looked too embarrassingly frumpy on me.  So this is all you'll see for now (until the next "shopping trip")!

3 comments:

✿ e m i r i said...

Ooo pretty :)

boyunSO said...

so adorabel and lovely!!

Marloes said...

Hahaha, you are so right. Just try it on and I love your thinking about the Beatles/John Lennon thing.

Its al so pretty! :)