Friday, August 6, 2010

Shoe-In


Dress, Gap.  Shoes, Dr. Martens.  Book, Miss O'Dell by Chris O'Dell.

After about two or three years of wearing water damaged sneakers (damn those two weeks of heavy rain) with holes in the soles, I FINALLY got new shoes!  Well, almost new...these shoes were pre-owned but never worn.  Hooray for being cheap.  I'm now the proud owner of a pair of Doc Martens, which are currently filling my bedroom with a nauseating new car smell.  To wear a pair of Docs, I think, is to carry the weight of the concert-goer stereotype with you (in addition to that heavy leather).  Goodness forbid I start wearing my shoes with ripped jean shorts and floaty boho tops.  As much as I love the McCartneys and their veg ways, I mentioned before that leather is a guilty pleasure of mine.  NEVER on the seats of a car (who would want to sit on scorching hot leather??) but on shoes, skirts, shirts, etc.  I think the appeal lies within its sheen because I don't mind pleather at all.



Just a day after I received my Docs in the mail, I was a bit dumbfounded when my blogroll revealed an anticipated pair of Dolce Vita for Target boots.  ...I liked them a lot.  Had I remembered that Dolce Vita collaborated with Target to create an impressively refined collection of shoes, I probably would've considered buying a pair of their boots rather than the Docs I got.  But at a retail price of $29.99, there's no doubt that the Dolce Vita boots' material is absolute crap.  Not that I mind (much).  So I guess in many respects I made a much better purchase with my Made in England Docs (cheaper than the Target boots, too).  With an almost inevitable concert-goer look that comes with wearing these shoes, I'll need to get really creative with my outfits.  It's a task I find difficult especially during this season of shorts and flip flops.  A lazy Californian, I am!

Images: Meeeee, Target

2 comments:

✿ e m i r i said...

oooh! looks nice! :D

Jenny said...

The docs were a much better choice, I'a couple of years and people still comment that they look brand new. Have fun with them.