Sunday, May 2, 2010

Get By With A Little Help From You!



Hey, friends...I have a midterm on visual culture coming up and to prepare for it, I have to select two photographs I want to write about.  One of the photos I chose was this image of Karl Lagerfeld and Company taken by William Klein for a 2007 issue of Harper's Bazaar.  Though I recognize numerous faces in there, I only know the names of Karl (designer), Irina (model/muse), and Odile Gilbert (hair stylist).  If you happen to know who the others are and what they do for Karl, please leave a comment and let me know!  I'll be eternally grateful!


Oh and in case you were wondering, the other image I chose was also something from Harper's, but taken forty years prior...a picture of Twiggy and friends taken by Melvin Sokolsky. Yep, both images were part of an exhibition titled "Fashion in the Mirror: Self-reflection in Fashion Photography" at the Photographer's Gallery. If you happen to know the situations surrounding these images, do tell!

Images:  photonet.org.uk

No comments: