Thursday, April 22, 2010

Everyday is Earth Day but this Month is Special



Happy Earth Day!  Well, it was Earth Day a few hours ago before I decided to take a nap.  Remember the post in which I mentioned Figs & Ginger?  No?  They're one of my favorite independent jewelry brands (love their pieces and their green values) and I only found out about them just last summer.  They were one of the vendors at Renegade Craft Fair in LA but I only approached the booth to ask about prices.  I subsequently walked away awkwardly, wishing I had more than a measly $20 bill with me.  This month, Figs & Ginger is giving away some of their too cute necklaces (made of at least 50% recycled silver)!  All you have to do is take a picture of yourself planting a tree (you really have to plant one...no cheating), upload it to their website, and YOU GET A FREE CIRCLE LOVE BUNNY NECKLACE.  No RSVPs or 3:45 AM alarms involved...everyone wins!



Watch the video for fun instructions on how to what to do to get your own necklace.  See all the rules here.  This giveaway would've made up for my sad theOutnet experience if I didn't live on my school's campus where I'm only allowed to grow potted plants.  But it's just as nice to share a good thing...  Remember that everyday should be Earth Day!


The Beatles - Mother Nature's Son

1 comment:

✿ e m i r i said...

Must find volunteer opportunities that involve tree planting... :)