Sunday, January 10, 2010

Belated Finding: Imogen for Topshop SS 2010



I'm pretty terrible at keeping up with the pace of fashion (as if you can't already tell with my sporadic posts) but that doesn't mean we can't still love what most people already knew of.  For example, I JUST found this series of Topshop photos promoting their looks for Spring 2010 and some items featured in the images are already sold out.  Some people have adverse feelings towards high street fashion as it often crosses or depending on how you look at it, smears the luxury realm.  However, I actually like Topshop!  I used to think it was just a really expensive version of Forever 21 but at least Topshop outshines in clothing quality (which is still not the best).  The pieces are unique and very trendy, but then again, I live in America where there's only one Topshop.  Styles made possible by this UK-based chain obviously proliferate the streets of London much more in Southern California suburbia.



Oh, but I digress.  What I really wanted to blog about was the beautiful styling of the Topshop wardrobes donned by one of my FAVORITE models Imogen Morris-Clarke.  Though I'm not a big fan of the 'Sporty' look (leather jacket + jersey harem pants = not that cool), I quite like the other outfits! This image above is supposed to focus on petticoats but that lovely fuzzy jacket and Imogen's blue lips stand out much more. I wouldn't have ever thought of layering the colors and fabrics presented in the photo.  So unexpected yet original.  Also, I've got to find out how to get tousled hair like that.



This is my absolute favorite of the looks!  I love how the lace adds a sort of youth and girlishness to the ensemble but the blazer keeps it all structured.  Too bad the blazer is sold out...I would so buy it if it fit my budget.



Fringe is still in, according to Topshop, and apparently they also recognize that chunky side braids are definitely going to trend.  Imogen looks lovely but the dress lacks enough fringe for a '20s flapper alter-ego.
Wow, that was a rather short post...closing remarks: SoCal needs a Topshop.  Or something better than F21.

Images: topshop.com

3 comments:

diamondsinchampagne said...

Oh Topshop how I love thee!

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

The lace outfit is my favorite as well. So sweet, but edgy too...

talia&lilyrose said...

Love this !! ;)
Talia