Monday, December 7, 2009

Who Designed It? (SOLVED) - White Scalloped Top



Clean, simple, and chic.  Does anyone know the designer of this beautiful top worn by Natalie Portman in a picture taken by Peggy Sirota for Marie Claire January 2010?  She looks like a forest fairy with a ring of petals around her hips.  Oh, and I was really excited when I read this quote from the magazine:
“OK, so I didn’t really go to high school parties and yeah, I didn’t touch pot till I was in my 20s. I didn’t get flat-out drunk until I went to college. But I think that’s a good thing in many ways.”
WE HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON!  Except I haven't touched pot.  Or drank alcohol (ever...I know).  Who's the REAL late bloomer, hmmm?



Photographer Craig Arend captured model Jacquelyn Jablonski wearing the same top more casually when she was off duty from the Spring 2010 shows in Paris.

UPDATE, December 15, 2009

The top was the work of none other than Nicolas Ghesquière for Balenciaga's Resort 2010 collection!  Thanks for the tip, Emiri!



Images: Marie Claire, Fashion Gone Rogue, Style.com

4 comments:

Coco said...

That is a gorgeous top! I want to know who made it as well! Natalie's photo is just stunning.

Shini said...

oh goodness, loving the top as well, reminds me of Chloe's scalloped skirts in some ways, I'm sure it's not Chloe though... maybe a DIY (ok I don't see how but that's my response to eevrything that's sorta unattainable :P)
You have that in common with me too! Way to gooo clean kids.

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

Love the scalloped hem. I'm with you on pot and I've never been drunk...I don't know why people seem to think we have to do that at all. I mean really, our rite of passage is getting drunk? How lame are our goals?

✿ e m i r i said...

"Top and skirt (sold as a set), $3495, Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquiere; hat, $368, Lanvin"

It was on the Marie Claire website here.

:)