Saturday, December 19, 2009

Jaded


'Art and Commerce' by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin for W Magazine, September 2009. Raquel Zimmerman wears Chanel's Jade nail lacquer.


Chanel RTW Fall 2009; Limited Edition Chanel Nail Lacquer in Jade


Hmm...not sure what I'm doing with that pose. I'm either shushing you or showing off my "hand" gun; Essie Nail Color in Mint Candy Apple from the Winter 2009 Collection

Even though Chanel's Jade polish sold out by the time I saw the W editorial, I knew I had to get a dupe of that lovely light green!  And of course I bought Essie's Mint Candy Apple, as I mentioned before.  Jade has a more blue hue while Mint Candy Apple is indeed more...minty!  In color, not in flavor.  I still like it a lot!  But I think I should stop wearing nail polish for a while...the colors are quite distracting.  Have you ever done your hair all nice then you realize that you've been admiring yourself in the mirror for a little too long?  Kind of like that!  And I have to be super careful whenever I need to scratch my nose or something.

Images:  frejabeha.blogspot.com, style.com, chanel.com, ME, essie.com

5 comments:

✿ e m i r i said...

you know, i've been wandering how different chanel's nail lacquer quality can be, since I haven't tried it on before. It probably is thicker than the cheap thin ones, but it still must smell bad like all the rest. :)

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

Don't you love the trickle down effect? :)

girl said...

love your blog, plus i can really relate to your broke luxury-obsessed super asian situation. i just got the same polish a few days ago :)
awesome music btw

Sabine said...

Great winter colours!

Toothfairy said...

I like essie's version of the green, but I really do wish we could still get the chanel one!

loves