Saturday, November 14, 2009

Rodarte for Target Previews


--Updated 11/21--
First and foremost, I've got to say that I was really surprised to find that R2R received comments and a couple of new followers (Hello!), even though I haven't blogged in over a week!  Thank you all SO MUCH for your readership, it makes me want to get through my workload faster just so I could blog!
Anyway this year is coming to an end, which is a bit sad, now that we won't be able to wear those cool glasses that were so prominent in celebrating the years 2000 to 2009.  Unless you want a number one planted awkwardly in between your eyes.  But you know what we WILL be able to wear by the new year?  Yup, Rodarte for Target pieces!



Since August, us non-fashion insiders have only seen grainy cellphone snaps of some Rodarte x Target ensembles featuring just some of the 55 pieces that go on sale on December 20.  I've been saving every picture I could find of the collection to decide which pieces I should save up for.


Hello, Miss Tavi!

According to Marie Claire, the Mulleavy sisters drew inspiration from their favorite cult films including Bonnie and Clyde, Rosemary's Baby, and Harold and Maude.  It's interesting to see the themes and backdrops of these films merge together, but I really can't say much since I haven't watched any of those movies (I even took a class on cult films!).



Obviously, the sequined x-ray dress alludes to a super creepy Rosemary's Baby.  Fashionistas will be all over that dress, but I don't know if it's going to be a hit with the mass market.  But most of the pieces have mass appeal, so we see a different side of the Mulleavy sisters, knowing the boundary-pushing themes they incorporated into the Rodarte label.



Teen Vogue provided a better look of this halter dress.  It's pretty, I suppose. And I probably would've bought it for prom since it is cheap.  A bit too girly for me, though.




THREE different angles of this delicate silky dress!  Tavi Gevinson pulls off this piece with spunk.





I really dig those sheer cardigans.  So good for layering.  And the high-waisted hosiery is oddly appealing...



WOAH, since when did Dakota Fanning get so pretty??  Is this really the same little freaky-haired girl who starred in Cat in the Hat (yes that's the only one of her movies I think I've watched)?  Anyway, that dress is a little too short for a girl her age, but she looks fabulous and grown-up.



Here are probably the best pictures we have of some Rodarte for Target pieces right now, found in the December issue of Marie Claire.  You can't see many details in the pictures, what do you think?  Though it looks like a collection that's aimed towards trendy teenagers, I think all the items have great potential for styling, so many women can wear these pieces in their own ways.

Photos: Julia Frakes of bunnybisous.com, Nitrolicious, thank you, Rachel of The Greyest Ghost, for the tip

7 comments:

Lizz said...

I am soo excited for the Rodarte for Target!!!! but i'm a little worried that it might look really good online, but look like crap in the store like Anna Sui's target line. nice pictures!

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

I'm so excited for this collection. I love the skeleton dress and all those flashes of leopard.

thegreyestghost said...

You're missing 2 or 3 of the more recent magazine scans of dresses!

http://thegreyestghost.wordpress.com/2009/11/10/rodarte-for-target-new-photos/

in my music box said...

i'm digging the sheer cardigan too, so gorg.

hannah said...

OMG i can't wait! thse are the best pictures i've seen of it yet. i love that black dress and those tights must be mine!

✿ e m i r i said...

omg. i love the lacy tights.

yeah, i saw dakota's pictures when i was actually looking through leighton's, and i was so surprised! she's so pretty.

Andrea said...

the 20th of december is all i'm looking forward to right now, it is what is propelling me through finals...