Saturday, October 24, 2009

PFW, IMO: The Kinds of Gals We Are



I know. It has been a while since my last post.  Just when I thought all my work was over last Friday, a bunch of new priorities fell from nowhere and hit me in the head.  I'll be busy studying for and taking midterms next week so the bi-weekly posts are still on hold, but not for long!  Looking back at my old posts, I've noticed that I write, and digress, A LOT.  So to finish my Fashion Week, IMO series, here's plenty of eye candy, and minimal text (kind of), from Paris Fashion Week:


Embellished sheer pieces at Valentino sent me back to Stella McCartney Spring 2009.  The honeycomb-like adornments are fascinating and those airy organza ruffles are perfectly feminine.


The Dries Van Noten gal is grown-up but she stands out.  Love the solid darks paired with colorful patterns.  The necklaces are timeless and work for all age groups.  Balenciaga has done space-age outfits in the past but this collection had an urban twist.  Not my favorite from Nicholas Ghesquière, to be honest.  Chloé's style is upsettingly low-key this season, but I can't ignore the leather (?) piping in the jacket and pants.


Intricate sequin embellishments at Miu Miu.  As expected, the John Galliano show was a spectacle.  The oddly opaque bubbles were a bit distracting!  The collection was all about the details, like tags and brooches that hung from this military-inspired jacket.


Nothing complicated going on at Celine.  The craftsmanship is amazing but the unique uses of leather were what stole the show.


Got to love the McCartneys. Stella's collection was simple, yet chic, harking back to the '70s, a decade of female confidence.  Stella even named the collection's low-wedged shoes, after her mother, Linda.  They complement one's natural beauty quite well, doncha think?


Louis Vuitton accessories are always covetable.


I'm usually not a big fan of Karl Lagerfeld's work for Chanel, but this collection was so delicate and feminine.  Perfect for the girly girl in me!  The barn setting was bizarre, but quite romantic!  And Shu Pei Qin looked TOO CUTE with her beaming smile!


Too much coverage of Alexander McQueen's shoes within the blogosphere...let's not forget about those outfits!  McQueen is way ahead of our time with those innovative and futuristic silhouettes, color combinations, and patterns.


WowowowoWOW.  Viktor & Rolf are the masters of couture (wait, this is supposed to be ready-to-wear!).  The chainsawed tulle gowns probably won't see the light of day but keep the wearable pieces in mind.  These seemed to call inspiration from silk Japanese gowns...really really pretty.


Woah.

Images: Eddie Newton, Style.com, Coutorture

2 comments:

somedaynewyorker said...

The Stella McCartney and Viktor & Rolf collections were gorgeous.

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

McQueen's dresses are my favorite. I think they'll be popping up a lot on the red carpet this year.