Friday, August 28, 2009

September Issue Excitement Continues

Ranya Mordanova

Nineteen models of Supreme Management and Women Management were photographed for the covers (PLURAL!) of V Magazine 61 supplement (September 2009). Yup, each of the girls have their own cover! But after seeing a video of the models pose in front of the camera, I wasn't so sure what to think of the shoot.


I was...slightly enthralled...but at the same time I wanted to look away from the scenes. Stylist Nicholas Grasa, make-up artist Janeen Witherspoon, and hair stylists Rita Marmor, Leonardo Manetti, and Franco Gobbi aimed to make the girls not pretty but exotic and a little grotesque. Dangling eye socket earrings, claw necklaces, rope chokers, and a flaming bra were just a few of the props used for this insane photoshoot.

Left to right, top to bottom: Iris Strubegger, Behati Prinsloo, Natasa Vojnovic, Meghan Collison, Daiane Conterato, Alana Zimmer, Hanne-Gaby Odiele, Suvi Koponen, Mina Cvetkovic, Rose Cordero, Darya Kurovska, Georgina Stojiljkovic, Hannelore Knuts, Yulia Kharlapanova, Isabeli Fontana, Valentina Zelyaeva, Alla Kostromicheva

Some of the cover photos are scary enough so I'm anticipating an even more frightening editorial featuring the girls. Luckily if I do buy the magazine, I won't feel as guilty for purchasing it. We can trust that V will print a drop-dead gorgeous editorial that will make up for the creepiness and an issue is only $7! I'm sure that more copies of V are sold than its big sister Visionaire. If I had to choose a cover to buy...I'd probably pick Georgina. Or Mina. Something that's not TOO haunting.  Which is your favorite (or LEAST favorite) cover?


Moving on to a frillier, girlier, more whimsical magazine that has recently been absent from the newstands. Seems like the eighth issue of Lula featuring cover model Chanel Iman and tons of highly saturated images is sold out at most places. It's definitely not available at the San Diego magazine rack I rummaged. But Lula won't be gone for long! The magazine's official website is finally updated with the eighth issue's cover. Not only that but the site, now under construction, announces that issue number nine is due out in September! Now to decide whether I really want to subscribe to Lula (costs quiiite a bit for one issue, let alone a year's subscription).

Lastly, has anyone out there watched The September Issue? I've heard nothing but good reviews for the film so I'll pay good money to see this much-anticipated film! 

Source: Big thanks to Supreme Management Being for the images and video, Lula website

1 comment:

✿ e m i r i said...

the second row, second column reminds me of frankenstein.