Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It Feels So Right Now, Hold Me Tight



I love this picture! (taken by Raymond Meier) You know what else I love? Those Gerbe tights (held by the model)! They're EVERYWHERE! When I flipped this page from Vogue August 2009, literally, there are those tights again, worn by Sea of Shoes' Jane Alridge. So these tights kind of make you look like you have some kind of pox, but these magazines are trying to tell me something (BUY THIS, LUCY!!!!!!). Whaddyaknow, Gerbe tights are now on my list of things to search for on eBay.

When I was in elementary school I hated hosiery. Mother made me wear white pantyhose to school and they're just not very comfortable while frolicking in the playground. As I got older and saw how people could wear tights so well, I've likened up to the nylon legs look. I'm not sure if I'm gutsy enough to wear an ostentatious pair of neon pink tights or anything but I've found lots of sort-of-modest, but eye-catching tights to wear under dresses or shorts. The best feature is that most pieces are at least somewhat affordable!

Here are some of my favorite pairs of pantyhose:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Henry Holland for Pretty Polly Graduated Tights and Alphabetights, both in Black ($14) - The graduated tights appeared on the runway for Holland's FW 2009 collection...so you can now literally get a runway look for less! Each style comes in four colors, lilac, turquoise, mint green, and pink, but I'm not sure if I can pull off any of those bright hues (still, I'd love to own graduated tights in ever color).  Typical Holland keeps things playful, even with the packaging; each pair comes inside a paper coffee cup!




American Apparel Super Sheer Spiral Tight in Black / Snorkel ($14) - First on my list of things to get once I'm back in San Diego for school. There's an American Apparel store ten minutes away from campus compared to the Downtown LA store that's 30 minutes away from my house.



American Apparel Opaque Two Color Pantyhose in Black / Sand Dollar ($16) - This pair is probably a subtle rip-off of Chanel's two-toned tights but they're still cute.



Chanel Two-Toned Tights in Beige / Black ($230)
- How divine, especially worn with those pumps! And they must have some kind of slimming effect on the legs. If you're like me and you don't like the price tag, cheaper alternatives exist. But if you won't settle for a knock-off, eBay has some (questionably) authentic Chanel tights up for grabs.

I'm sure there are crazier-looking tights out there that would make me drool so I'd love to know of your favorites! Which of your coveted hosiery did not appear in this post?

Image sources: burbuja8910 (tFS), style.com, prettypolly.co.uk, American Apparel, Street Peeper, Fashion_Girl 22 (tFS)

2 comments:

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

Ahh...I need so many pairs of new tights now. You don't have those cute Betsey Johnson sheer heart ones. ;)

✿ e m i r i said...

Those Chanel tights are ♥. I remember when I was little my mom always made me wear white tights to kindergarden. WHITE tights.