Monday, July 27, 2009

First Look: Stella McCartney's FW 2009 campaign + deals from the label

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Stella McCartney brings Bambi back with a kitschy cute ad campaign for her fall 2009 collection.  I love how the whole forest-ey theme in the photos are kicked up a notch with the Disney characters, plus they add a bit of whimsy and color.



A lot of ad-dicts on the interweb, however, aren't liking the campaign because the characters take the focus off the close (which is kind of true).  A girl on tFS even Photoshopped all those critters out, leaving a bland shot of angry-faced Sigrid Agren and an actual deer.


SPEAKING of Stella McCartney and forest creatures, you can purchase her adorable plexi animal bangles at a discounted price of $49, down from $115.  My favorite is the rabbit bangle, as seen worn by bunny bisous' Julia Frakes (how fitting!), but a duck bangle is also available.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The last Stella item of the day is this beautiful pair of gold low-wedged tie-up sandals found on eBay.  I love the white meshy material paired with the gold, and is it just me, or are low wedges a lot cuter than high wedges?  Only sizes 37, 39, and 40 are available (is anyone interested in a 37 / 37.5 pair?  I'm a size 35.5 / 36 myself).  Each new pair costs $80, not counting shipping costs.

Advertisements via WWD via tFS

1 comment:

Lisa? said...

Bambi! I think I'm in love..?! Besides that,I quite love your blog.That'll be a followw.. have a look at mine if you feel the need..! It's shit but you may be able to have a good laugh..at me.. http://jazzberryjamandthejetsons.blogspot.com/ X