Sunday, April 26, 2009

Target's Leftovers



Sorry for that eyesore of a post that I put up earlier. It was dreadfully long...
Yikes, no updates for over a week? Let me try to make up for that...
I always get excited when I see new Target GO International advertisements in fashion magazines. Target jewelery never caught my attention until I saw the Dean Harris for Target advertisement last summer as I was flipping through the pages of Vogue.

I was particularly interested in the swirling branches of silver that wrapped into organic-looking rings and bracelets. Other nature references included a silver lotus flower bracelet, wooden bangles, necklaces lined with clear pebbles, and golden leaves that dangled from earrings. And being a huge fan of John Lennon and his message of peace, I could not resist those peace signs that dangled from a bracelet.



With this collection, Harris, who previously designed for Bill Blass and Marc Jacobs, can certainly satisfy hippies. The jewelery was supposed to be available at Target stores nationwide only until December 26 of last year. I think the residents in my area found the collection too expensive, so the Dean Harris display remained in glass boxes at the jewelery display for months after Christmas. Though the display trickled as people picked up the discounted jewelery, a few pieces remained, one of them being the bracelet with dangling peace signs. I dropped by Target on Easter eve to buy materials for my survival kit (I swear, it's for class, and no, I don't know when the next disaster will occur) and had to check the price of this bracelet. I couldn't believe what I saw...just $14.49, reduced from the original price of $59.99.

I'm wearing this bracelet now, just after coming back from a show my school helped put up (with Rooney headlining!!!) to celebrate John Muir's birthday and Earth Week. What a fitting occasion!

Banner photo: me.

No comments: