Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Haute deals tomorrow -- will James IV show up?



Apologies for my lame attempt at creating a punny title for this special blog post. I've recently been discussing a lot of deals and discounts lately...expect a change of course soon.

I'm really excited for the Elizabeth and James sale being held by HauteLook! The last sale the website held that really caught my attention was the beautiful leftovers from Decades Two's cosignment stock. Though the products didn't sell in the store, they sold quickly online! So after seeing that, I knew that this website is one you could trust for outstanding products at...somewhat discounted prices.



So get ready for Elizabeth and James merch selling on April Fool's Day, 8AM PST. No joke. Though I'm happy to finally find a site with a company based in the West Coast, the East Coast still benefits more than me. Y'all near the Atlantic can start buying at 11AM EST. Hmph.



Anyway, I'm especially excited for this sale because I've been on the lookout for Elizabeth and James pieces ever since I saw a feature (must've been from Who What Wear daily) on the James IV blazer. It's perfectly oversized with beautiful ruched 3/4-length sleeves and comes in different colors. I've seen it come in white (see the Aggy and MK pics?), black (that mannequin looks hot with the jacket+oversized shirt+leggings+heels), tan, and grey.

HauteLook's description of the clothing line made me speculate the sale of this jacket:
Started by two of the most talked about fashionistas in town, Elizabeth and James' line of contemporary clothing marries the Olsen twins' stylish eccentricities and boho flair. Their fashion-forward designs include ordinary, everyday separates embellished with unusual, eye-catching details. Simple cardigans are offset by a feather trim, while a cotton blazer becomes new with on-trend, three-quarter-length sleeves.
Blazer, eh? Cotton, eh? Well, that's not right...the blazer I'm lusting over is made of mostly polyester. But I'll just have to wait until the morning to see the full range of discounted goods!



Also, if you're a Gucci girl who wears stunna shades (what makes them "stunna/stunner"?), you'll probably be interested in HauteLook's other April 1 sale. Watch out for Gucci sunglasses in the morning, just in time for the spring sun (at least in California)!

Here's an HauteLook invite link, enjoy! Remember, the website's hosting BOTH the Elizabeth and James and Gucci sunglasses sale. Both sales will also be taking place until April 2, 11PM PST (or April 3, 2AM EST).



The final sale I'd like to mention is Hayden-Harnett's sample sale at their New York showroom starting 11AM. You'll be able to find Spring 2009 pieces and items from past collections at 40%-80% off the original prices until April 3, 7PM. And look, I've even provided a link to the location as displayed on Google Maps:

Hayden-Harnett Showroom
16 W 36th St # 501
New York, NY 10018

If you go, do me a favor and ask if there are any Hayden-Harnett for Target bags left over. I'm still upset that I wasn't able to nab one while they went on sale. Here's more info on the showroom sale via HH's Flickr.

So yes, now that I've given you clued you in to all these deals, go out there and spend (wisely)!

Banner graphic: me with thanks to HauteLook.com and haydenharnett.com. Photos (left to right, top to bottom): neimanmarcus.com, model: Agyness Deyn. my-wardrobe.com. intheolsenscloset.com, subject: Mary-Kate Olsen. Gucci SS 2009 Campaign, models: Natasha Poly and (?). Hayden-Harnett's Flickr.

1 comment:

Life of Brian08 said...

Gotta check this out in a bit.

Ohhh...Your "About Me"
Appreciate your upbringing, stay focus with whatever your major is and when you "get on" Shine! Then again, don't need tons of $$ to look fashionable.

In his own words of Saint Laurent "fashion was not only supposed to make women beautiful, but to reassure them, to give them confidence, to allow them to come to terms with themselves."

peace...B